So we all know that packing to travel can be a bit of a hassle, but packing your makeup to travel… my god is it painful. Just think about your makeup collection and now think about having to decide what to pack every time you travel. You literally have to decide what you want your face to look like for 3+ days and pack just that, no getting creative, no variety because it’s a must to pack smart.
Lucky for me, I have perfected my everyday “makeup, no makeup” look which usually helps me pack light whenever it’s time to pick up and go. In my attempts to de-clutter at the top of the year, I decided while organizing my makeup that I would pre pack my travel bag, that way it would always be ready and if needed. I could just swap out a few products depending on how I was feeling.
What helped me keep everything condensed, was using the pink bubble zip bag I received when I ordered some Glossier products last year. Using a small bag is ideal because it really forces you to get picky and tricks you into packing only what you need.
So here’s what’s in my travel makeup bag:
- Black Radiance True Complexion Under eye Corrector and Concealer: Here’s something that no one knows about me when it comes to makeup. I never wear foundation. I always find that when I use a concealer in my skintone on my face in place of a foundation, I get a more skinlike finish. I prefer to look like I have little to no makeup on, so concealer does the trick for me. Also, I am very heavy handed so when I try to wear foundation it’s always too much and I’m always ready to take it off, so this little baby that costs $5.99 and takes up no room in my makeup bag def does the trick for me.
- Black Radiance Concealer Stick: I know, I know, two concealer sticks? Yes, because I use this one to do a little light contouring. I usually contour my cheeks and my five-head, just to give my face a little definition. This one is $1.99 and again is tiny enough for my makeup bag.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: Now I must admit I don’t always use a primer (horrible, I know) but when I do, the Smashbox primer is my absolute favorite. I have this in the full size, but I also picked up the mini size with my points from Sephora.
- NYX Eyebrow Shaper: Here’s another fun fact, I never fill in my eyebrows. Partially because I haven’t dedicated any time to learning how to and because my eyebrows are pretty thick so keeping them in place is usually the goal for me. This eyebrow shaper is perfect for just that. It’s very easy to use. It’s like your normal eyebrow pencil, but its a clear wax so if you mess up, you can start all over again without wasting too much time!
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: I again have this in the mini size and used my Sephora points for this. I don’t use mascara often, but when I do, this is the one I love to grab. I have long lashes alread but they are curly so this helps to lengthen them and make them dark how I like them.
- Fenty Beauty Match Stix in Rum: Listen… please listen closely… when I tell you this gives me the most natural glow! Omg, I get soooo many compliments when I wear this, typically people asking if I have on highlighter or if it’s just my natural glow. This is perfect for dark skin tones. I love using this all the time, so it’s something I will forever keep in my travel bag so I won’t ever forget it.
- NYX Eyeshadow in Copper: Because I never do eye looks (I’m so basic, I knowww) I use this over my highlight as like a shimmery blush if you will. I never wear this without the FB Match Stix, it looks so good together, I promise.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Stockholm: If you’re looking for a pink nude for a very soft neutral look, she’s your girl. Pair it with a brown liner and it’s perfect.
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer: If you want to know why I love to use this, check out my post here.
- NARS Powermatte Lip pigment in Starwoman: I always travel with a red lipstick because like I mentioned in this post, I want to try to wear a red lip more often. I travel with this one, and not Uncensored by Fenty because it’s a lot smaller and takes up practically no room in my makeup bag. I love Uncensored but this is about condensed packing people!
- Three makeup brushes: I don’t know the name of any of the brushes, my apologies, but I can tell you I travel with a foundation brush, a blush brush and a contour brush. That’s all this girl needs. Sometimes I will travel with a powder brush or beauty blender for my translucent powder (when I bring it).
- And last but not least, Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater: You can read why I love this in my post here, but I also spray my face with this before my makeup application and to set my makeup.
And that’s it! Those are all the products in my makeup bag.
Drop a comment below and let me know your makeup travel essentials!